Saturday 6 April 2013

Dry Skin Saviours

Since coming back from skiing last week I have noticed that my skin has become really dry. Even though I made sure to load up on moisturiser and SPF every day while on the slopes the mix of altitude, sun, snow and wind definitely did more than simply bring out my freckles.

With the freezing temperatures in the UK I thought that perhaps some of you may still be suffering so wanted to share my recent skin saviours, especially if your skin is feeling dry and lacklustre.

Cream cleansers are great when your skin is feeling sensitive as they will easily remove dirt and makeup without stripping skin of its natural moisture. Lately I have been using Green People's Gentle Cleanse and I absolutely love it! This product is extremely gentle, while being a really effective cleanser with a beautiful, delicate rose scent. I would highly recommend this for those with sensitive skin, allergies or skin ailments such as eczema as it is organic, paraben and alcohol free.

Another product I have been using is the Nip + Fab Glycolic Fix. These pads are super handy to use as they are presoaked in the solution, which contains glycolic acid to help resurface the skin, hyaluronic acid to moisturise and refresh and blue daisy to calm and soothe. With 60 pads in one tub these are great value and really work to brighten and refresh the appearance of skin.


As a moisturiser in the morning I have also recently started using Origins Plantscription. I am already a big fan of Origins so I was excited to see how this cream would work when it arrived for review. This moisturiser feels fairly rich, so only a little is needed for each application. It melts into the skin really well and leaves it feeling hydrated and smooth, without looking oily. Coming from a science background I am not totally sure whether the raspberry stem cell technology is something I am wholly convinced by, but looking at the feedback on the website it seems that customers really have noticed a difference in the anti-aging benefits!

At night I have been using a lovely moisturiser from Vichy. This cream is great for any age as it is designed to smooth and illuminate all skin types. This cream feels very light and soft as it melts into the skin leaving it feeling smooth and healthy.


As an intensive overnight treat I have also been using the Origins Drink Up Intensive face mask. This product is absolutely amazing to give your skin a boost of moisture. Japanese Seaweed repairs skin's barrier while you sleep to prevent future dehydration and signs of premature aging. When my skin is not misbehaving it tends to be a little on the oilier side so I was anxious when I first used this product, but it really is fantastic and I would recommend it for any skin type.



So there we have my little list of my current skin saviours. Have you tried any of these products before? Do you have any favourite products to treat your skin when it's feeling dry and sensitive? xxx

SHARE:

7 comments

  1. Great stuff! Thanks :)

    www.be-your-own-sugar-daddy.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just spotted your blog - lovely read!

    I love Origins, i think they are some of the best skincare out there, thanks for sharing others!

    I have a blog too and would love for you to have a look and follow me on GCF or bloglovin'

    www.bloosieslife.blogspot.co.uk

    Suz x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blog, feel free to check out mine - only just made it :) xxx
    http://lipstickandlashess.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing Products that really act as a saviour to the various skin scares such as acne wrinkles and dry skin . Thanks for sharing such nice products.

    obagi nu derm starter kit

    Regards
    Alison Clarke

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great article. My skin gets very dry as well, especially when I play sports where I sweat a lot. I have not tried any of these products before though. I have tried a few other cream cleansers, and I feel they are the only thing that works. Recently I have been using Aloe vesta. I really like this product because it is a non-sensitizing formula that provides comfort for my irritated skin. I think this product is different from others I have used because it contains emollients that help moisturize and hydrate the dry skin. I am a very pale person so I get dry skin all year around. I also find it very helpful during the summer when I get sunburn.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is the good review about these product. i wanna try Make-Up Remover it seems cheap as well. Well we have discussed home remedies for dry skin all over body checkout and try these remedies as well.

    ReplyDelete

© Natalya's Beauty Blog- Filthygorgeousmakeup. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig