Monday 22 October 2012

Back to Red (and lace)

You may have noticed that after a brief flirtation with brown locks and a few honey highlights this summer I have now gone back to my preferred hair colour. The red is back and here to stay... or at least it's here till I get bored again ;).
This post however, is about red of a more vibrant hue!
I love the vibrant tone of this playsuit mixed with the delicate detailing of the black lace. It's definitely a bit of a show stopping evening number, especially as it is so short (on me), and a cute alternative to a dress. However, I would say that the fit of this leaves a lot to be desired. The pleats create a lot of volume in the front, which as you can see in the picture below makes a rather unflattering little pouch when looking from the side or sitting down. I just wish it either had more pleats all the way around to create a more flared short, or else had none so it lay flat to the body. 
 
I noticed that even the gorgeous Laura Whitmore had this problem on the XtraFactor, which makes me glad that I'm not alone in my phantom poof!
Even despite this I still think it is a gorgeous piece and looks so much more expensive than it's £50 price tag! If you are interested in checking out this playsuit you can find it on the Topshop website here. They also have a similar style in cream here.

What do you guys think of this little red number? Since these photos were taken I have found a way to tame the pleats with a wide belt to keep the front in place, but if you have any crafty suggestions I'd love to hear your tricks! :). xxx
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. Don't know how the brown looked but the hair is lovely! Really brings out your eyes

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the outfit! and your hair color!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg that outfit is gorgeous!!

    www.studdedkisses.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Red hair really suits you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning outfit, you look great x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your hair looks lovely! Did you get it done at a salon or did you do it yourself? :o If you did do it yourself, i would love to know what you used :D It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I luv your shoes & your hair color. Which shade did you use this time? It really compliments your skin tone & eye color. :)

    Sarah
    prettygloss.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete


  8. You can research almost everywhere and free shipping stores also you will never find out exercise this whole.The Drupal developer's not just top notch and knowledgeable programmers but in addition do Concept Improvement wholesale ties on your firm or exclusive online site together with your achievement in mind. What's more, it makes it possible for affiliate marketers to see their progress. Furthermore the speedy trend of social websites has at the time once more pulled the wedding suits buyers to its side.You leverage the recognition belonging to the information submission online site to spice up the visibility of the article - by having a link back to your internet online site.



    ReplyDelete

© Natalya's Beauty Blog- Filthygorgeousmakeup. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig