Saturday 28 April 2012

YSL Glossy Stain

Glossy Stains from Yves Saint Laurent are designed to provide intense colour and shine, while being extremely long wearing. They look like a gloss, last like a stain and have the deep pigment of a lipstick. I love a bold lip colour so I was really excited to try these to see if they really deliver in all these categories!
I was kindly sent the Glossy Stain in shade 1 - an extremely deep and vampy purple.
On the skin this shade definitely has a plummy undertone with a high gloss finish. When first applied it has a smooth gel texture and can be sheered out a little or built up for greater impact. It fades down to a matte dark pink, which actually lasted on my hand all day!
My lips are quite pigmented so they counteracted the blue/ purple tint and gave the overall colour more of a red undertone. The application did require a steady hand, but the pointed tip of the applicator made it easy to get a defined edge without the aid if lipliner.
As you can see with just one slick of gloss the colour is extremely intense, however I did find that it looked darker on the inside of my lips in some areas. I'm not sure if this is just because my lips were dry that day so the tint clung to these areas more... I definitely need to play around with this shade a little more as I am determined to make it work for me in the future!

I am also keen to try out some of the lighter colours to see how intense they will look and play around with adding the Glossy Stain over a lipstick.

The YSL Glossy Stain retails at £22.50 and can be purchased online here.

Have you tried any of YSL's lip stains? What are your favourite shades? xxx
SHARE:

5 comments

  1. This is my favourite shade that I've seen of these so far, I love it x

    themusingsofflorence.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this colour, but I'm not sure if I would be able to pull it off.

    http://apeekofmarislife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm obsessed with these! The trick is very thin layers and letting the layers dry before applying another. Two usually work best and wiping excess off the applicator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I own three of these. I think the formula is wonderful and so easy to use.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love lip stains! I shall definitely try this when I have some spare pennies haha. Looks darlingggg on
    xx

    ReplyDelete

© Natalya's Beauty Blog- Filthygorgeousmakeup. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig