Sunday 18 March 2012

MaxFactor Fantasy Fire... My take!

MaxFactor's Max Colour Effect Mini Nail Polish in Fantasy Fire has been causing quite a stir on the blogosphere! Apparently the colour is a dupe of a long discontinued Clarins polish, but I'm not easily swayed by the hype and wanted to try it with no preconceptions.
Seeing this polish in real life I can assure you the photos really don't do it justice. The warm purple base is brought to life with a true rainbow of shimmer. The holographic effect is beautiful, with sparks of red, gold, blue and green lighting up the polish at different angles.
 (With and without flash) 

However, on application I did find that the polish was very sheer. I am not terribly patient when it comes to nails so a polish that dries quickly and is opaque in one or two coats is essential. Fantasy Fire needs a generous three or four coats to reveal it's beauty, and though I do love the colour and think it was worth the effort, it does require a little tenacity.
The above shows the polish after three heavy coats and as you can see the colour is still a little sheer. Luckily, the shimmer hides the majority of the nail bed, so it still looks pretty spectacular!
In addition to the polish I was sent a little nail art kit so that I could recreate Zarra Celik's Purple Leopard designs. I am no nail art maestro, but I try my best! What do you guys think of my attempt?
If you want to create your own or a similar design you can follow Zarra's tips below. It really is so much quicker and easier than I had imagined! Even the bf was impressed with my left handed efforts :P. 
Fantasy Fire is selling fast, and is already going at 3 times the price on ebay! Luckily, new stock has been added to stores and I have found it for £3.99 in Superdrug and Boots.

What do you think of my leopard design? Have you tried MaxFactor's Fantasy Fire polish? Are you tempted to try it? xxx
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. This is a very pretty take on Fantasy Fire! I agree that it's really sheer so I swatched it over a variety of different colours, I liked it best over dark purples and reds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow this looks amazing!!! I love the added touch of the leopard design too!!
    http://www.allthingsbeautymake-upandshopping.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for this post!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohhh i absolutely love this!!!! beautiful!!

    http://www.hellomissniki.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Incredible colour, I'm quite the novice when it comes to nails but seeing this and the tutorial has inspired me to get creative. Thanks! Lxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. This has a great color combination..

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really enjoy the blog article.Really looking forward to read more. Fantastic.

    ReplyDelete

© Natalya's Beauty Blog- Filthygorgeousmakeup. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig