Saturday 21 May 2011

Work It Out: Cinched

Being tall and with my fair share of curves anything high waisted always catches my attention. I need definition at the waist, so a pencil skirt is one of my absolute wardrobe must haves. For me there's nothing not to love about the shape - it lengthens, slims and accentuates in all the right places ;).

I spotted this black skirt in Zara a little while back and thought it would make a really versatile piece. Despite being pretty plain it gives a lovely silhouette while the slightly folded detailing at the top adds a playful twist.
Blouse - Gap, Skirt - Zara, Shoes - Primarni (though worn in the day with black patent stilettos).

To balance the cinched in waist I chose a floaty cream blouse. I don't often shop in GAP as I find the clothes a bit dull and plain, but this is actually quite quirky - an original take on this season's must have cream blouse. Perhaps they have decided to spice it up a little?! The drapes and bow around the neckline echo the slight pleating around the top of the skirt tying it all together. Someone thought it was an all in one dress, and I have actually seen a few similar two tone dresses on ASOS.
I love classic pieces with a modern edge. What are your favourite classic pieces? xxx

SHARE:

5 comments

© Natalya's Beauty Blog- Filthygorgeousmakeup. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig