Saturday 7 August 2010

Formal Evening

I haven't been very diligent this week in my outfit posts, but I have the photos stored up so this should be rectified soon :).

This is a dress from Hobbs I wore for a formal evening out recently. During the day I wore it with a navy cardigan, to hide the keyhole in the front, which is a little too revealing for work purposes ;).
Dress and belt: Hobbs. Shoes: KG by Kurt Geiger.

Hobbs release a version of this dress every year. I have resisted for the past 3 summers, but this year I loved the shape, their use of a silky material for the top and a flowing silk for the skirt, and the contrasting lime belt too much, so had to give in. It is far more unique than the previous designs they have had, yet still quite formal due to the length.
For makeup, I have been wearing my trusty YSL Teint Resist foundation. Because it is a very dry (sometimes a little too dry and can show any uneven patches on the skin) and matte formulation it stays put pretty well on my oily skin. Here I am also wearing the Beaute Liqui-Gel stain in Fever (dark red) applied very lightly. It gives a beautiful colour, which lasts for most of the day and looks absolutely natural.

What do we think of contrasting belts? 
I hope you are all having a good week my lovelies :). xxx
SHARE:

7 comments

  1. Oh god, so pin-up and sexy!!
    Congrats on your 1,800 followers, just noticed! Wow!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the green belt Natalya! i love all your outfits! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this dress, it is so cute and looks fab on you. Love the contrasting belt =) xoxo <3 xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous dress. Suits you perfectly! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look FANTASTIC! I love your hair color!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's gorgeous, and I think the belt is what makes that dress so modern and unique ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. cute hair! the dress is so retro and lovely.

    roxy @ http://roxybeautyblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

© Natalya's Beauty Blog- Filthygorgeousmakeup. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig