Friday 9 July 2010

Work it Out: Installment Cinq

We all have lazy hair days. I have crazy hair days. The heat and humidity is making my hair static and even more frizzy than usual so today I just blow dried the top flat(ish) and scraped and twisted it back into a low bun. I find this really helps to calm my hair down and if I decide to take it down later the twists create lovely, natural curls sans flyaways.
Dress: Warehouse. Necklace: black/indigo pearls from Egyptian market.
I love the shape of this dress and the scalloping detail at the bust as it gives curvy girls like me some definition and support without over exposing 'the humps'. The back is also pretty as the same pleated effect is used in the slit of the skirt in the back. However, with that comes the annoying tendency of the skirt to ride up as you walk, creating a lovely looking kangaroo pouch (pictured above) for my tummy. Now, where did I put that little Roo?

You can see the scalloping better here. Makeup wise, pretty boring really - MAC Vanilla on the lid and Wedge in the crease, NARS Laguna bronzer, MAC hipness blush and Anatomicals stop cracking up lip balm (which probably deserves it's own post as it is perfect - clear, glossy, non-sticky, moisturising and long-lasting oh and super cheap!).


Have you got any frizz fighting secrets? The frizz-ease is just not cutting it for me in this heat. I need your help girlies! xxx
SHARE:

14 comments

  1. The dress is gorgeous - have loved ur Work it Out series :)
    You have such a lovely figure,
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look amazing and your dress gorgeous!!Love your hair colour!What is it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty dress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all so much.. you are so sweet!! love xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look amazing in all of your work outfit posts.. X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey lady ♥ ♥ ♥
    U look very elegant..Love that Dress ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that dress, love grey! Kerastase hair products are amazing on frizzy hair! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty! You look very elegant and classy. The hairstyle looks great with the dress. (if that makes sense LOL) This would be a great outfit to wear on a job interview!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohhh I looove this dress on you1

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this dress so elegant and sophisticated and the scalloped neckline... Gorgeous!

    Xoxo,
    Christine
    http://pinksofoxy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love the neckline! your hair looks perfect with it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've enjoyed this series, I think morrocan oil can help with frizz!

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow lovely outfit! You are so gorgeous! You remind me alot of angelina jolie! :)

    xoxo,
    Irene

    ReplyDelete
  14. I know I am a little late but have you tried Avon's new lotus protect? Its supposed to be really good for frizz :)

    ReplyDelete

© Natalya's Beauty Blog- Filthygorgeousmakeup. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig